Use any combination of the local 32 console mic inputs or the networked digital snake inputs on stage—their audiophile quality programmable preamps always ensure full control, purity and impeccable dynamics. The dedicated channel strip section puts 17 backlit buttons and 13 rotary controls with LED-collars right at your fingertips for nuanced adjustment of each channel’s compressor, 4-band parametric EQ and much more. Each input and output channel strip features its own color backlit 128×64 graphic LCD, which provides vital channel information at-a-glance.
Virtual FX Rack
The onboard virtual FX Rack provides access to eight true-stereo, multi-effects processors (16 mono) including delay, chorus, dynamics—and it can run 4 production quality true-stereo reverbs concurrently with 8 channels of 31-band graphic equalization, all without the need for expensive, space-consuming external hardware.
High-count I/O options
X32’s extensive connectivity includes 32 high-end programmable mic preamps, 6 balanced Line Ins and Outs on 1/4″ TRS, 16 balanced XLR Outs, plus dual Phones and balanced Control Room outputs on both XLR and 1/4″ TRS connectors. Additionally, a single AES50 CAT5 cable from FOH to the stage can transfer up to 48 channels of bi-directional audio, collecting all input signals and delivering all bus outputs, along with 16 individual monitor feeds for BEHRINGER’s brand new P16 personal monitoring system—all on just one line! The two AES50 ports provide connectivity for up to 6 BEHRINGER S16 stage boxes, or for sharing signals between multiple consoles—all with its ultra-low latency and high reliability the SuperMAC technology is known for.
Vital information is just a click away
Thanks to the netbook-resolution, 800×480 high-contrast color TFT display, you are never more than one or two button presses away from any of X32’s eight highly intuitive control screens. Once you select the desired function, dedicated rotary/push encoders allow you to set parameters and source I/O assignment, without the need to “drill down” through multiple layers of menus or page through a complex owner’s manual.
Versatile signal and scene management
Signals can be assigned to eight DCA groups (Digitally Controlled Amplifier), which provides simultaneous group level control via dedicated 100 mm motorized faders. The audio engineer can communicate with the talent by means of the Talkback section’s onboard mic or an external mic of their choosing. X32’s scene management allows snapshots of high-level production mixes to be captured and recalled for future use (you can even save them to a USB stick). X32 even has a dedicated custom control section with user-definable knobs and buttons where you can create your own set of controls, making it easy to access frequently used functions “on-the-fly.”
Powered by MIDAS & KLARK TEKNIK
When we began development on the X32, we called on our sister companies, MIDAS and KLARK TEKNIK, recognized the world over for their digital consoles and EQ/FX processing, for implementation support. The programmable, high-grade mic preamps found in the X32 are based on a genuine MIDAS design, all the way down to their A/D converters. The resulting design ensures superior common mode rejection (CMRR) and extremely low harmonic distortion (THD). The X32 is an amazingly clean amalgam of high technology merged with superb user-friendly features.
We received brilliant support from MIDAS and KLARK TEKNIK in designing X32’s GUI (graphical user interface), a major advancement in digital mixing made easy, productive, and well… fun! They also drew on their extensive experience in FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) coding for rock-solid, ultra-low latency digital channel patching—giving the X32 the capacity to handle up to 168 sources on 168 destinations, including the two AES50 ports. You can expect to see more collaboration between BEHRINGER and MIDAS in the very near future.
Bus and Rear Panel Flexibility
X32 provides 25 fully featured mix buses that can be configured for many different applications; Main LCR (Left, Center, Right) buses; 16 mix buses (individually configurable as pre/post EQ, pre/post Fader or Subgroup) with Inserts, 6-band parametric EQ and dynamics processing; plus six independent Matrix Mixes with Inserts, also with 6-band parametric EQ and dynamics processing.
The X32 abounds with a total of 168 accessible sources and destinations—and managing this much I/O has never been easier! Next to all the analog ins and outs, the rear panel also sports two AES50* ports, each with KLARK TEKNIK’s rock-solid SuperMAC networking capability (addressing a total of 96 concurrent inputs and outputs) for dependable communication between the X32 and digital snakes, remote stage boxes or even other consoles. Stereo AES/EBU output, ULTRANET P16 and MIDI are also supported, plus a convenient top panel USB port is provided for recording an uncompressed two-channel “board mix” straight to any standard USB thumb drive or for playing background music. The Ethernet socket allows complete remote control via LAN or WiFi, and the expansion slot suggests there is even more to come…
The Future is Here—Now!
X32 ships with the insanely powerful XUF FireWire/USB audio interface card pre-installed in the expansion slot right out-of-the-box! XUF provides lowlatency 24-bit audio interfacing with Mac or PC host computers in the form of 32 In x 32 Out channels and MIDI. It even transmits HUI and Mackie Control data along with the audio I/O, which provides convenient remote control of your DAW via the X32 group fader section controls. XUF is compatible with CoreAudio on Mac OS 10.5 and above, and high-performance ASIO drivers for Windows PC are downloadable from behringer.com.
– 40-input channel, 25-bus digital mixing console for Studio and Live application
– 32 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
– 25 Fully automated motorized 100 mm faders allow for instant overview, powerful scene management and DAW control
– 16 XLR outputs plus 6 additional line in/outputs, 2 phones connectors and a talkback section with integrated or external mic
– Individual and dynamic LCD Scribble Strips on all channels and buses creating easy assignment and intuitive channel distinction
– 32 x 32 channel audio interface over FireWire and USB 2.0, with DAW remote control emulating HUI* and Mackie Control*
– iPad* and iPhone* apps for professional remote operation available free of charge—no host PC required
– High-resolution 7″ day-viewable Color TFT for easy viewing of workflow components and parameters
– Main LCR, 6 matrix buses and 16 mix buses each featuring inserts, 6-band parametric EQ’s and full dynamics processing, plus 8 DCA and 6 mute groups
– Virtual FX rack featuring 8 true-stereo FX slots include high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L* and PCM70*, EMT250* and Quantec QRS* etc.
– 40-Bit floating-point DSP features “unlimited” dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency (0.8 msec)
– Powerful scene management for convenient handling of complex productions
– 48-channel Digital Snake ready** via AES50 ports, featuring KLARK TEKNIK’s SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
– USB type-A connector providing file storage and uncompressed stereo recordings plus show presets and system updates
– Dedicated and easy-to-use channel strip section with direct access controls and graphic user interface for intuitive workflow
– Additional user-definable control section allows for on-the-fly adjustments of your favorite parameters
– ULTRANET connectivity for BEHRINGER’s P-16 Personal Monitoring System** plus AES/EBU stereo digital output and MIDI
– Networked remote control for show setups with on-screen software editor via Ethernet